If you are new to horror, or are unsure what books to read, here are our top 5 recommendations to get you started.
1) Dracula - one of the most popular horror novels of all time written by Bram Stoker.
2) Frankenstein - Mary Shelley's birth of a genre novel.
3) The Haunting of Hill House - I have mentioned this book several times, written by Shirley Jackson.
4) The Shining - I had to include a King novel and this is one of his best.
5) The Woman in Black - written by Susan Hill.
I have included a mix of male and female authors here as I feel these are some of the best horror books available.
Comments are closed.
About the Author:
S. K. Gregory is an author, editor and blogger. She currently resides in Northern Ireland.
“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.”