1) What fairytale(s) have you chosen to retell and why?
I have chosen to retell the story of the sea witch from the Little Mermaid. She does not have much of a story in the film, so I have created my own for her. She starts out as a human, running illegal smuggling on the docks. When a young man comes to her for help, she falls for him, only to find out he is in love with another.
2) What makes your story unique?
My character will be human to begin with and she is pushed into becoming evil when she has her heart broken.
3) What was your favorite fairytale growing up and why?
I loved Beauty and the Beast because I wanted that library!
4) Who was your favorite villain?
Maleficient, definitely. She is a great character. She cursed a baby because they didn't invite her to the party. A little over the top, but fun to watch.
5) Is this a standalone or do you have more books planned?
This is a standalone for the Villainous anthology which will be out in June.
About the Author:
S. K. Gregory is an author, editor and blogger. She currently resides in Northern Ireland.
“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.”