1. Tell us about your witch and the powers she has.
Emily Rand is a “Natural Witch” and can pretty much do anything, so she would be pretty powerful if it wasn’t for the fact that she has no clue how to access her powers or control them when she wants to. She often does magic unintentionally, and then has to scramble to undo the consequences.
2. Where did you get the inspiration for your character?
I’ve drawn most of the magical elements of the story from Wicca, so I guess the character just grew from how it would be if an ordinary girl one day discovered she could do that kind of magic, then I threw in a little comedy and romance, and the book just flowed from there.
3. If you had a magical ability - what would it be and why?
To fly, that’s a power I’ve always wanted to have. Could there be anything more exhilarating?
4. Who is your favorite TV or movie witch?
That’s a tough one, but I guess it would have to be Paige from Charmed, to have both teleportation and telekinesis is a pretty cool combination, plus she has those fantastic outfits. Either that or the crazy one from The Craft, I do think witches should have a little darkness inside them.
5. If you had a familiar what would it be (you can choose any animal) and what would you call him/her?
When I was very young I had an imaginary pet fox called Bramble, it would be nice to have him back ;-)
I AM AN AUTHOR, BLOGGER AND A JOURNALIST.
“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.”